According to the relevant laws and regulations of our country and the "Protocol of the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of China and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry of the Republic of Bulgaria on the Inspection, Quarantine and Sanitary Requirements for Honey Exported to China", since the date of this announcement, those meeting relevant requirements are allowed Bulgarian honey imports. The inspection and quarantine requirements for imported Bulgarian honey are now announced (see attachment).
Annex: China imports Bulgarian honey inspection and quarantine requirements
General Administration of Customs
April 25, 2021
China imports Bulgarian honey inspection and quarantine requirements
1. Inspection and quarantine basis
(1) Laws, regulations and departmental rules.
"Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China" and its implementing regulations, "Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine Law of the People's Republic of China" and its implementing regulations, "Import and Export Commodity Inspection Law of the People's Republic of China" and its implementing regulations, "State Council on Strengthening Food, etc. Special Provisions for the Supervision and Administration of Product Safety, as well as the "Measures for the Administration of Imported and Exported Food Safety", "Regulations on the Registration of Overseas Production Enterprises of Imported Food", etc.
(2) Bilateral Protocol.
"Protocol of the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of China and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry of the Republic of Bulgaria on Inspection, Quarantine and Sanitary Requirements for Honey Export to China".
2. Imported products are allowed
The imported Bulgarian honey refers to the natural sweet substance that bees collect the nectar, secretions or honeydew of plants, mix with their own secretions, and then fully brew them.
3. processing enterprise requirements
Bulgarian honey processing enterprises shall comply with the relevant veterinary hygiene and public health regulations of China and Bulgaria and obtain Chinese registration.
4. Relevant inspection and quarantine requirements
(1) Requirements for bees and nectar plants.
1. From an apiary located in the Republic of Bulgaria, the apiary should be registered with the local authority and be effectively supervised.
2. The radius of the apiary is 3 kilometers, and there is no American bee larval foul disease and European bee larval foul disease within 6 months.
3. The nectar, secretions or honeydew collected by bees from plants should be safe and non-toxic, and must not be derived from toxic nectar plants and genetically modified plants.
(2) Requirements for imported honey.
1. The apiary that provides raw materials for the production of honey for export to China has never used veterinary drugs prohibited by China and Bulgaria.
2. From a processing company that has established a traceability system to ensure that the honey exported to China can be traced back to its apiary.
3. Residues of veterinary drugs, pesticides, microorganisms, heavy metals and other environmental pollutants do not exceed the maximum limits of China and Bulgaria.
4. Quarantine requirements for Varroa (Varroa mites): Laboratory methods have tested negative for any Varroa (Varroa mites) disease in this batch of honey; or it has been used. Filter with a filter with a pore size of less than 0.42mm; or pass a core temperature of 50°C or above for at least 20 minutes or a core temperature of not higher than -12°C for at least 24 hours to ensure the killing of Varroa mites.
5. It meets hygiene and safety standards and is suitable for human consumption.
5. packaging requirements
1. Bulgarian honey exported to China must be packaged with food contact materials that meet China's national food safety standards.
2. The packaging must be sealed, and the product name, product specifications, place of origin (state/province/city), production company registration number, production batch number, destination (the destination should be marked as the People’s Republic of China), and date of production ( Year/month/day), shelf life, etc.
3. Pre-packaged honey for export to China shall also comply with the requirements of Chinese laws, regulations and standards on the labeling of pre-packaged food.
6. certificate requirements
Each container of honey exported to China should be accompanied by at least one official original health certificate issued by the competent authority to prove that it meets the inspection and quarantine requirements of China and Bulgaria.
7. storage and transportation requirements
1. The whole process of honey imported to China, from packaging, storage to transportation, shall comply with the relevant sanitary requirements of China and Bulgaria to prevent contamination by harmful substances.
2. An independent finished product warehouse or a special area dedicated to storing honey exported to China should be set up and clearly marked.
3. After the goods are loaded into the container, a lead seal shall be applied under the supervision of the competent authority of Bulgaria, and the lead seal number shall be indicated in the sanitary certificate. Do not open or replace the packaging during transportation.
Original website address: http://www.customs.gov.cn/customs/302249/2480148/3641314/index.html